Slimezymes project started May 1st 2001
Duration: 4 years
Budget: 2.6 M EUR
- To develop new enzyme based methods for slime control, in order to replace and
supplement the traditional chemical biocides.
- To develop new enzyme products containing novel hydrolytic activities, especially
suitable for slime control.
- To gain understanding on slime formation in paper machines.
Specific scientific objectives:
- To isolate and characterise new hydrolytic enzymes acting on extracellular bacterial
- To isolate and characterise novel bacterial polysaccharides.
- To better understand the role of bacterial polysaccharides in paper machine biofilms.
- To increase understanding about biofilm build-up in paper machine environment.